COVID-19 safety procedures and protocols
Updated 1st January 2022
A set of COVID safety protocols are in place at our studio. These are based on safety measures laid out by BECTU, The UK Production Guild and the Association of Photographers (AOP).
We hope this provides the reassurance for Production Managers/Co-ordinators that they can easily comply with all the necessary risk assesments for COVID-19 when making a booking with us.
We are mindful that crews will still be looking to minimise the amount of people in studio. Therefore, we've run BNC SDI cables into both studios for a monitor to be located on the 1st Floor area. This can allow all non-essential production crew (or clients) to monitor an audio/video output without being in studio.
Our COVID safety measures
- All studio facilities will receive a thorough anti-bacterial clean before and after every booking
- In addition to handwashing facilities in the toilets, anti-bacterial gel pumps are available all around the building. (Entrance, Green Room and in each studio)
- Alcohol wipes and anti-viral spray are available in the kitchen for crew use
- Door handles, taps and other surfaces that have been identified as ‘high-touch’ will be anti-bacterial wiped every 2 hours during a studio hire
- We will sanitise/disinfect all in-house hired kit before use
- Our shower is out of use. However both toilets and handwashing facilities are fully available. We have throw-away paper hand towels in all the toilets with '20 second' handwashing signage to support this
- All cutlery and crockery are high-temperature dishwashed after each booking, however we are encourging disposable options where possible
- We continue to provide tea and coffee facilities, but crews may feel more comfortable providing their own cups or beverages, which we encourage
- We provide individual bottled water/cold drinks located within the drinks fridge
- The first floor area will be window-ventilated at all times (inline with the outside weather conditions)
- Fans are provided for both studios to ventilate out to the front door entrance during breaks in filming
- Wherever possible the studio entrance will be kept open (inline with the outside weather conditions) to avoid door handles being touched and to assist the ventilation of each studio
What we ask from you
- Please adhere to the 2m social distancing guidelines throughout the studio wherever possible. There is signage in place to help with this, especially in our stairs area
- Everyone must ensure that hand gel/alcohol spray is used on every entry to the building – This is provided at our front door
- Please wipe down kitchen surfaces and handles i.e. kettle, after use
- We prefer that all crew/talent bring their own cups/refillable water bottles to the studio (ideally labelled with their name)
- Our strong recommendation is the total number of personnel (both crew and talent) within the building should not exceed more than twelve at any one time
- Our 'Track and Trace' QR code is displayed at the entrance to the building, please use it if you have the app and check-in
We will always do our very best to make the studio a safe and clean environment, however, everyone working on the production and attending it, has their own responsibilities in respect of COVID-19. Multichannel Studios do not take any responsibility for transmission of the COVID-19 virus that might have taken place on its premises.