Privacy and Security
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy and online security are protected and compliant with the GDPR. We are registered (reg. no. Z1557297) with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) as part of the Data Protection Act.
1. PURPOSE OF THIS NOTICE
This notice describes how we collect and use personal data about you, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Data Protection Act 1998 and any other national implementing laws, regulations and secondary
legislation, as amended or updated from time to time, in the UK (‘Data Protection Legislation’).
Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
2. ABOUT US
Multichannel Studios (trading as Multichannel TV Ltd.) is an TV and Film Studio with production facilities and services.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Legislation and this notice, we are the ‘data controller’. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal data about you. We are required under the Data Protection
Legislation to notify you of the information contained in this privacy notice.
This privacy notice applies to all users of our website, clients, suppliers and third parties that we may instruct from time to time to carry out the services on our behalf.
It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully
aware of how and why we are using your data. This privacy notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
We have appointed a data protection manager. Our data protection manager is our Data Protection Point of Contact and is responsible for assisting with enquiries in relation to this privacy notice or our treatment of your personal data.
Should you wish to contact our Data Protection Point of Contact you can do so using the contact details noted at paragraph 12 (Contact Us), below.
3. HOW WE MAY COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We obtain personal data about you, for example, when:
- You request a proposal from us in respect of the services we provide;
- Our clients engage us to provide our services and also during the provision of those services;
- You contact us by email, telephone, post, or social media when you have a query about our services, or submit an enquiry form via our website; or from third parties and/or publicly available resources
4. THE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
The information we hold about you may include the following:
- Your personal details (such as your name and/or address);
- Details of contact we have had with you in relation to the provision, or the proposed provision, of our services;
- Financial data, includes bank account details, payments and transaction data.
- Details of any services you have received from us;
- Our correspondence and communications with you;
- Information about any complaints and enquiries you make to us;
- Information from research, surveys, and marketing activities;
- Information we receive from other sources, such as publicly available information.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access
- Profile Data includes purchases or orders made by you, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We may also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly
or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so
that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership,
information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
5. HOW WE USE PERSONAL DATA WE HOLD ABOUT YOU
We may process your personal data for purposes necessary for the performance of our contract with you or your employer or our clients and to comply with our legal obligations.
We may process your personal data for the purposes necessary for the performance of our contract with our clients. This may include processing your personal data where you are an employee, subcontractor, supplier or customer of our
We may process your personal data for the purposes of our own legitimate interests provided that those interests do not override any of your own interests, rights and freedoms which require the protection of personal data. This includes
processing for marketing, business development, statistical and management purposes.
We may process your personal data for certain additional purposes with your consent, and in these limited circumstances where your consent is required for the processing of your personal data then you have the right to withdraw your
consent to processing for such specific purposes.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw
consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
Please note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful basis depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data.
In some circumstances we may anonymise or pseudonymise the personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use it without further notice to you.
If you refuse to provide us with certain information when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have entered into with you. Alternatively, we may be unable to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations.
We may also process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in accordance with this notice, where we are legally required or permitted to do so.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.
Promotional offers from us
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for
you (we call this marketing).
You may receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us or if you provided us with your details when you registered for a promotion and, in each case, you have not
opted out of receiving that marketing.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any company outside of Multichannel TV Ltd. for marketing purposes.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by contacting us at any time.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product/service purchase, product/service experience or other transaction.
Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the site’s or service provider’s systems to recognize your browser and capture and
remember certain information. Cookies do not include any Personal Data.
• Help remember and process the items in a shopping basket.
• Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
• Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to delete or turn off all cookies. However, be aware, that if you disable cookies installation or you delete cookies from your computer’s
hard disk you may be unable to use some of the features of our website and may experience problems using our website.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it is collected.
When assessing what retention period is appropriate for your personal data, we take into consideration:
- the requirements of our business and the services provided;
- any statutory or legal obligations;
- the purposes for which we originally collected the personal data;
- the lawful grounds on which we based our processing;
- the types of personal data we have collected;
- the amount and categories of your personal data; and
- whether the purpose of the processing could reasonably be fulfilled by other means.
Change of purpose
Where we need to use your personal data for another reason, other than for the purpose for which we collected it, we will only use your personal data where that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
Should it be necessary to use your personal data for a new purpose, we will notify you and communicate the legal basis which allows us to do so before starting any new processing.
6. DATA SHARING
Why might you share my personal data with third parties?
We will share your personal data with third parties where we are required by law, where it is necessary to administer the relationship between us or where we have another legitimate interest in doing so.
Which third-party service providers process my personal data?
“Third parties” includes third-party service providers. The following activities are carried out by third-party service providers: IT services, professional advisory services, administration services, marketing services and banking
All of our third-party service providers are required to take commercially reasonable and appropriate security measures to protect your personal data. We only permit our third-party service providers to process your personal data for
specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
What about other third parties?
We may share your personal data with other third parties, for example in the context of the possible sale or restructuring of the business. We may also need to share your personal data with a regulator or to otherwise comply with the
7. TRANSFERRING PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA (EEA)
We will not transfer the personal data we collect about you outside of the EEA unless we need to do so in order to perform our contract with you.
8. DATA SECURITY
We have put in place commercially reasonable and appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to
your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
9. RIGHTS OF ACCESS, CORRECTION, ERASURE, AND RESTRICTION
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Should your personal information change, please notify us of any changes of which we need to be made aware by contacting us, using the contact details
below. Changes to the privacy notice and your duty to inform us of changes
Your rights in connection with personal data
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data. This enables you to receive details of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are processing it lawfully.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data
- where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this basis. You
also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or another data controller if the processing is based on consent, carried out by automated means and this is technically feasible.
- If you want to exercise any of the above rights, please write to us at Multichannel TV Ltd. The Forge, Iron Works, 58 Dace Road, London E3 2NX
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to
comply with the request in such circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that
personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
10. RIGHT TO WITHDRAW CONSENT
In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal data for a specific purpose (for example, in relation to direct marketing that you have indicated you would
like to receive from us), you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. [To withdraw your consent, please write to us at Multichannel TV Ltd. The Forge, Iron Works, 58 Dace Road, London E3 2NX
Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your personal information (personal data) for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis
for doing so in law.
11. CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
Any changes we may make to our privacy notice in the future will be updated on our website on this page.
This privacy notice was last updated on 24th July 2018.
12. CONTACT US
If you have any questions regarding this notice or if you would like to speak to us about the manner in which we process your personal data, please write to The Data Protection Officer, Multichannel TV Ltd. The Forge, Iron Works, 58 Dace Road, London E3 2NX or telephone our Data Protection Point of Contact on 0207 739 8800.
You also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues, at any time. The ICO’s contact details are as follows:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone – 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745
Website – https://ico.org.uk/concerns
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website.
Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.